Today I decided to exercise my civil duty and vote. Wanting to beat the crowds this upcoming Tuesday I read up on the candidates and the new voting system. Might I say this city seems to always be taking the wrong steps. Its like we take one step forward and two big steps backwards.
- We're back to bubbling in our vote. Problem: I know that some individuals will check mark the vote or "X" the spot.
- We're adding more paper into the mix. Problem: What happened to our city becoming green.
- The is an added process/step in order to vote. Problem: each machine cost thousands of dollars for a wasted system.
- In order to make a correction you must get a new ballot. Problem: First that means wasting more paper and second there was nothing wrong with the finger touch system we used before. You were able to preview your vote on the screen and correct the mistake before pushing the big red vote button.
- The last step is scanning your bubbled ballot. Problem: You have to type in a code given (extra step) then wait for the machine to say that everything is ok. If not you can either leave it as is or get a new ballot thus more paper.