Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Ana"isms"

My beautiful mother has been in Brazil visiting family for the past month now. I've been missing her like crazy, but thankfully we've kept in touch via phone but mostly through email. So I decided to email her about my birthday and how everything went. Instead of writing a long winded email I told her to read my blog. Being the supportive mother that she is, not only did she read it she wrote me back a comment via my email here it is:


Dear Lauren, a read your blog, but only one little thing is missing I bilieved a call to you early that day before everybody. love mom

What it should of said: Dear Lauren, I read your blog, but only one little thing was missing, I believe I was the first to call you early on your birthday before everybody else. love mom

I about died laughing reading and rereading the email. You see one of the things I love most about my mother is her "isms" or Ana"isms". You'd think that it was just her inability to write, but that's where your wrong my mother actually speaks like that, just add a somewhat strong Brazilian accent to it. Reading her email only made me miss her and love her even more. Funny thing is now you can see where I get it from...hopefully you enjoyed the laugh as much as I did.