Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veteran's Day 2008

It's Veteran's Day and I'm of course spending it running errands. Currently, I am waiting at the Toyota dealership while my car is getting serviced. I must say I love being here, yep I said it...its out there. The people here are so pleasant and eager to please, they offer free internet, and not only is it clean but the waiting area is comfortable. It's nice to know that there are some places left in Miami where clients are treated as they should be red carpet and all. If anyone is in the market for buying a car, might I suggest buying  in the Toyota/Lexus family solely for the purpose of receiving their excellent customer service. 

On another note, I would like to say Thank You to all the US Veterans and to those who are currently serving in our armed forces. My family has a rich history of veterans, my grandfather was part of WWII . My brother and I loved hearing the many stories that my grandfather would tell us. Not to long ago he was published in a book with others from his Marine Regimen, in which they shared their stories of war. On my mother's side her father served in the Brazilian Military, but unfortunately I never got a chance to hear any of this many stories. I have had multiple relatives and close friends serve in many of our wars including this current one. 

My thoughts and many prayers go out to all those in past and
 present wars. If it weren't for those many men and women our country would not be what it is today. I take much pride in our current country, and look forward to what our new President Elect Obama has for our every changing government. I know that the Lord is truly in charge and have faith that things will be under control.

God Bless to all, and especially to our Armed Forces to whom we as a country salute today.