Wednesday, December 12, 2007

In a Rut

Lately(the past few weeks)I’ve been very apathetic towards everything, and I have no clue why. I resist getting out of bed and heading to work. Every Monday I get up I wish it were Friday, and every Friday I hope for a long weekend. It’s odd because I’ve become extremely introverted in social environments, whereas in the past I thrived off social interaction with others. I noticed the other day that friends of mine who are typically introverted have now switched. I can’t seem to figure out if its stress, life transitions, important decisions to be made, or just being stuck in a rut that makes me so apathetic towards any and everything. I make it a point to hang out with friends to catch up, however, I have to constantly convince myself of the fun I will have. I honestly do enjoy the company of friends and family, but there are times I seem to space out during conversation and just wanting to go home. I’m hoping I snap out of this rut and get back to being Lauren again.