Saturday, December 29, 2007

Off Roading

Rey and I had the chance today to experience the outdoor life of North Carolina. First, we started off fishing off the New River and of course I managed to catch more grass than anything else, go figure. Just when I thought it was going to be a slow relaxing day I was wrong! We got the chance to go off roading in Rey's uncles' ATV. It has been years since the last time I've been on an atv, let alone with Rey driving. If any of you have heard Rey's stories of off roading than you'd know I was in for a treat. We went around the mountains, managed to make our own trails, and my favorite of the day getting chanced by a German Shepherd. I have never laughed and feared for my life at the same time. You see the dog was coming straight at us, it was either going to be us running over the dog or making a sharp turn, which on an atv is not easy especially when your right next to a hill over looking a river. ( I could imagine the song "rollin' rollin' rollin' " or more like "tumblin' tumblin' tumblin' ")