Wednesday, January 30, 2008

An Ode to Mom

While lying in bed sick and in pain all I could think about was calling my mommy. Yep, that's right this twenty-five year old has no shame in calling for her mommy. It got me thinking of all the times my mother has come to my rescue when I'm knee deep in vomit, or curled up in a ball in pain, to even just a slight fever. There is just something about a mother's touch that makes the world of difference. I could think back to all the times she would have me lay on her lap and play with my hair along with coqitas on my back in order to distract me from all the familiar uncomfortable aches. Oh how I wished today would have been one of those moments. Thankfully my mother knew that when I called asking for chicken noodle soup, that once again I was in need of her tender loving care. Sometimes my mother laughs at me thinking of how am I going to survive without her when I get married. SIMPLE I'm flying her up instantly no questions asked. I figure its much better than having her live with my husband and I. Honestly though I know that no one compares to my mothers care taking, but I'm sure she will give my loving husband to be a "How to Manual" in order for him to survive my needy moments.

Mom- thanks for all the extra hours you've put in, and the countless amount of love you have shown me. I just pray that I can in the future measure up to what you have done for me. I love You!