Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Its Over

So its official …summer is over. Sadly it came and went, however I would not take back one moment of this past summer. I truly can’t remember a summer this fun filled and packed at the same time. The friendships I built the places I traveled and the hours of endless laughter will not be forgotten. I just wish summer could be continued onward, although I know it’s not possible, I’m trying to keep the same mentality. Believe me it still shows, my coworkers keep on telling me to snap out of it and get with the program. BUT NO!!! I constantly keep telling myself like a little kid kicking and screaming. It is so cliché but true: time flies when you’re having fun. Why does it take forever when things seem so slow? Can anyone please explain that concept to me?

Just a small glimpse of my summer: First I traveled to Lake Mary, Fl, then to my birthplace Kansas City, Mo. Only to stay home to do laundry to head out for camp in South Carolina, and make it back in town for my 25th birthday. Before I knew I was packing up again for my first missions trip in Guatemala (memorable experience). Just when I thought I was done I left for Ft. Wilderness Orlando for the college retreat.

Between all the city hopping I found time to hangout with friends between birthday parties every week to sleepovers and girl’s night out, I managed to start a brand new relationship which is going really well.

Seeing that this summer is regretfully over, I guess it time to get back into the swing of things. I on the other hand, am not going without a fight. I’m taking kicking and screaming to a whole new level.