Thursday, September 6, 2007

A moment of Fame

Today a star was born. Actually not even close, I had a small moment in the spotlight on television. Now mind you it wasn’t the top network or the hit TV show, but inside my head the paparazzi was out snapping my photo and the crowds where shouting my name. The funny part is I was a mere extra in piece to a puzzle. My school was being recognized for our accomplishments from last year. For which I’m truly thankful for seeing how much weight I lost during the countless hours of running around getting things done, and the sweat poured out trying to make impossible deadlines happen. So to my astonishment we were asked downtown to the school board meeting. It was there where the magic began and my moment of fame took rise. Lights, Camera, Action, and there I was in the background of my students on channel who knows what smiling and shaking hands with school board members. Snap! Just like that I became a star. Interestingly enough like most moments of fame it ends without a minutes warning. It was at the end of the day and I was crossing the street with my fellow colleagues laughing and waving to all the fans while stopping to pose for pictures that I almost got struck by a car. And there it would have been front page news of the Herald “Glory and Tragedy all in one Day.”