Friday, September 14, 2007

Simplicities

It just dawned on me how little things in life can bring me such happiness. Honestly, it doesn’t take much to get inside a women’s heart or at least not mine. Simple things are typically better off than some overly exaggerated thought out gift especially if it goes over my head. Which by the way doesn’t take much…one second I’m right there and the next I’m gone. Poof just like that… seriously it’s like my mind has no control over my selective hearing and concentration.

Last night I had the opportunity to just swing back and relax. Now I know you’re wondering there goes Lauren’s selectiveness and how easy it is to get off track. You see my two closest friends Valerie and Berto bought me a swing set for my 25th birthday. They understand how such a child like gift brings great joy to my life. I light up like a child on Christmas every time I see a swing…I just can’t resist, some odd gravitational force comes over me.

So as I laid on my swing set last night swinging away in pure bliss, I realized how small things can change my mood. When I’m having a bad day or just an average time items like: dark chocolate, light touches (coqitas), naps, sweet gestures, and simple “thinking of you” messages make my day. As I was pondering through the list I noticed my lips started to curl up and form this funny smile. It was as though a puppeteer was pulling on the strings attached to the corners of my lips in order to get me to perform. Ahh…the simplicities of life enough said!