Saturday, October 11, 2008

Engaged & Loving It!

So I know many of you have heard the exciting news that Rey and I are ENGAGED!!!  Anne Marie and him already posted blogs of the moment, but now its my turn to give everyone inside prospective.

Wednesday afternoon I rush home to get things ready for church that evening expecting Anne to help me out. I get out of the shower and notice like 50 missed calls from Anne (ok 5). She informs me that she's down the block at my park with a flat. I quickly throw on some cloths, thankfully it wasn't my usual run out of the house attire (pj pants, and ratty t-shirt) While driving I'm recalling the lessons my father taught me on how
 to replace a flat tire. I jump out of the c
ar walk around the truck twice and nothing. (Thinking) Why would this woman waste my time didn't she know I had things to get done like speak to Rey on ichat in 10 minutes.

After questioning her several times she begins to cry and I'm like what now so I go over to comfort her. She all of a sudden stops crying...but did I pick up on that NOOOO because I was obviously out of it that day. Mind you I pride myself on being on the ball and no one pulling a fast one on me. I was like puddy in their hands. I continually refuse to do anything Anne asks me to do, so she basically says look who's that and points towards Rey. I question him being there and once I got the nod of approval from Anne I was off like a sprinter in the Olympics. While running I contemplated jumping on Rey and finall
y decided just to go for it. Thankfully there was a graceful catch like that in ending scenes of Dirty Dancing.

I kissed him about a thousand times not allowing him to get a word in while thinking to myself why was he so shaky, wasn't he glad to see me. Then o
f course he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. Which in turn was action for the water works from my eyes. I was so amazed, shocked, and awed at the same time that all the wonderful things he said went through one ear and out the other. I'm sure I said yes just don'
t remember. Thankfully, Rey was kind enough to tell me later all that he said so that I could remember it for keep sake. 

I still can't believe after watching the video(commentary is quite funny) that I didn't see nor hear Brigitte and Merari in the background the whole time. Seriously I was completely gone...their plan worked and sad to say I was fooled. (of course in an awesome way) Thank you to everyone who helped make this day special. I know many of you knew what was going to happened and managed to keep it secret, so thank you. Rey, I 
excited to be married to you and I can't thank G
od enough for your presence in my life.